There are two types of women in the world. Those that love purses and those that love shoes. Of course it is possible to love both but one can only truly give themselves up to one obsession.
For me, it's shoes.
© The Traveling Barnacle
For me, it's shoes.
And here my dear friends are 10 tell-tale signs that you fall into the same category:
1. There is no better feeling than breaking in a new pair of shoes. You've actually mastered the art of wandering around your apartment with socks on, so you get blisters long before that big new-shoe premiere night. Oh and band-aids? Their sole use is for your soles.
2. "Sensible shoes" aren't your mother's birkenstocks. They're a pair that goes with everything despite the way they might pinch your toes.
3. You'd rather suffer through the pain than admit you should have brought a change of flip-flops because your feet hurt. I mean c'mon you're wearing those awesome heels for a reason! I once wore the same heels from 9:30 p.m. until 6:30 a.m. on a drunken Vegas walking tour. My toes were bleeding but I looked good.
4. Yes you need another pair.
5. You have so many shoes that they could totally have their own closet. After all, that is the dream isn't it? And lets not even talk about packing. You're definitely going to need two suitcases just for your footwear.
6. You wear flats one day and everyone realizes just how short you are. I broke a heel on a night out once, so what did I do? I broke off the other one and turned my lovely heels into lovely flats. My friend promptly noticed the 4 inch difference and wondered just how long I had really been that short.
7. Another pair of _________________. Everyone has their go-to. In fact this summer alone I've bought 4 different pairs of white espadrilles.
8. Zappos is your only real friend.
9. You find yourself hiding pairs when you've got company because you know it may seem like you've got a problem but you don't. Seriously, no problem here.
10. And finally is there really anything better than a new pair?